As stipulated in Act 423, LADA functions are to be as follows :
- To encourage, stimulate, accelerate and implement socio-economic development in Langkawi.
- Promote the entire Langkawi region as a duty-free tourist destination.
- Promote, stimulate and implement tourism and infrastructure policy, as well as the residential, agricultural, industrial and trade developments in Langkawi.
- To coordinate the abovementioned developmental activities in Langkawi.
Based on Act 423, LADA has the mandate and trust of the federal government to implement developmental activities in line with the following strategies and policies :
- Coordinate all activities involving tourism, business or industrial development.
- Work in full cooperation with any third parties involved with such activities.
- Lend financial or other types of assistance to any third party with the proven ability to undertake tourism, business or industrial developments authorized by LADA.
Last Updated on 30 December 2011