When LADA was established?
The Langkawi Development Authority was established in 1990 through an Act of Parliament, Act 423.
When was the island declared as Langkawi Geopark?
On June 1, 2007
What is the function of LADA?
As stipulated in Act 423, LADA’s functions are as follows :
- To encourage, stimulate, accelerate and implement socio-economic development in Langkawi.
- Encourage and promote Langkawi as a tourist destination and duty-free region.
- To encourage, implement and coordinate tourism development and infrastructure as well as residential, agricultural, industrial and trade development in Langkawi.
Who are the Board members of LADA?
LADA's Board Members consists of :
- YB Dato’ Seri Haji Ahmad Husni bin Mohamad Hanadzlah
(Menteri Kewangan II merangkap Pengerusi Bersama Lembaga Pembangunan Langkawi)
- YAB Dato’ Seri Ustaz Haji Azizan bin Abdul Razak
(Menteri Besar Kedah Darul Aman merangkap Pengerusi Bersama Lembaga Pembangunan Langkawi)
- YBhg. Dato’ Fauziah binti Yaacob
(Setiausaha Bahagian Perolehan Kerajaan Kementerian Kewangan)
- YBhg. Dato’ Haji Muhamad Nor bin Haji Rofie
(Pengarah Tanah dan Galian Negeri Kedah Darul Aman)
- YB Dato’ Ir. Hj Nawawi bin Hj Ahmad
(ADUN Kuah Negeri Kedah Darul Aman)
- YBhg. Tan Sri Khalid bin Ramli
(Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif Lembaga Pembangunan Langkawi)
Which tourist attractions are under the management of LADA?
- Ayer Hangat village
- Laman Padi Rice Museum
What rental properties are under LADA management?
- Taman Seri Berlian
- Taman Desa Permata
- Taman Kenari
- Taman Nilam
Which past development projects were initiated and completed by LADA?
- Cable Car Project to the top of Mount Mat Cincang
- Pekan Rabu Complex
- Mahsuri’s Mausoleum
- The Kuah Town Waterfront
- Various Recreational Parks
- Jetty Point Complex
- Fishermen's Jetty at Sungei Itau
- Abu Bakar As-Siddiq Mosque
- Langkawi Sports Complex
Last Updated on 17 March 2013