The Planning & Development Division is responsible for planning and developments that will maintain Langkawi as a geopark of international standards. As such, all economic and social projects planned by the division have to follow strict guidelines for sustainable development. The division has planned projects for the 9th Malaysia Plan (RMK-9) and LADA-owned lands.
- Updating information in the Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Disseminating information on use and development of LADA’s lands and assets.
- Coordinating meetings of the Planning and Development Committee.
- Providing a summary of new projects under the Malaysia Plan (Rancangan Malaysia)
- Preparing reports on projects proposed by investors or developers.
- To review applications for proposed developments and assess the environmental impact of those projects according to department guidelines.
- Providing planning information to clients.
- Attending committee meetings of the One Stop Center (OSC), MPLBP.
- Providing landscape maintenance in parks owned by LADA.