Langkawi Development Authority (LADA) incorporated under an Act of Parliament to develop Pulau Langkawi to be an INTERNATIONAL TOURIST DESTINATION
AGENCY UNDER MINISTRY OF FINANCE
Founded on March 15, 1990 and placed under the responsibility of the Ministry of Finance
LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE
Supported by Minister of Finance II, Chief Minister of Kedah and the Members of the Board of Directors
Prioritize the integrated development through strategic planning, best management practices and collaboration with government agencies, industry and community leaders
LANGKAWI DEVELOPMENT POLICY
FUNCTIONS AND ROLES OF THE AGENCY ACCORDANCE WITH THE CORE BUSSINESS
TOURISM AND DUTY FREE ZONES
- Devise a comprehensive strategy for the development of commercial tourism and duty-free business
- Act as a coordinator with the holistic initiative and devise an effective mechanism
- Implement and manage programs and projects for the tourism development
- Develop and strengthen the administrative infrastructure and facilitation including delivery system
- Encourage private investment for the development of Langkawi as a tourist destination through strategic planning and management
- Perform some of the physical and spatial duties to encourage private investment
- Create, promote and undertake socio-economic development program
- Coordinate related programs and activities
- Plan, coordinate and implement programs for the participation of local community in the economic sectors
BASED ON ACT 423, LADA HAS THE MANDATE AND TRUST OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO IMPLEMENT DEVELOPMENTAL ACTIVITIES IN LINE WITH THE FOLLOWING STRATEGIES AND POLICIES :
- Coordinate all activities involving tourism, business or industrial development.
- Work in full cooperation with any third parties involved with such activities.
- Lend financial or other types of assistance to any third party with the proven ability to undertake tourism, business or industrial developments authorized by LADA.
TO BE THE LEADING AGENCY IN DEVELOPING LANGKAWI AS A WORLD CLASS TOURISM DESTINATION
SPEARHEADING TOURISM DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES BENEFITTING LOCALS, INDUSTRY PLAYERS AND TOURIST THROUGH STRATEGIC GOVERNANCE AND EFFECTIVE DELIVERY
- To organized 10 domestic/international tourism promotional programs/activities in a year.
- To provide response to enquiry/feedback within 7 working days
- To settle off payment within 14 working days